Wednesday, September 15, 2010

prints cont'd


This one is a mezzotint which nearly drove me crazy while prepping the copper plate and when printing. It's tricky to keep all the details but it generally turned out ok. I just love the intense blacks you can get with the mezzotint technique. Too bad it can give you carpal tunnel real fast!
I think I should develop this theme of technology and spirituality more in my work. I love the inside of churches, especially cathedrals. Hmmm...


It's unfortunately a bad photo but the only photo I have of this litho print with the imprints of actual watch parts that went through the press with ink on the side. It was a fun idea but made printing alot more labour-intensive. The image is supposed to be the exhaust from a space shuttle manned by someone who just lost their tophat.

No comments:

Post a Comment